5 Golden Reasons To Love Arthur and the Golden Rope by Joe Todd Stanton.
- Oh my goodness that front cover is delicious! Shiny gold, gorgeous greens and my goodness that looming face!
2. The opening- who can resist a story that starts in a room filled with artefacts of great power and rarity? And books filled with tales of adventures and mysterious creatures? Win! I am sure the Brownstone family were DAYLIGHT EXPLORERS!
3) Arthur Brownstone- An unlikely hero but my goodness he loves exploring (see I told you they were daylight explorers!). The book follows Arthur’s adventures including a grand final quest to save his village. Land of the Vikings. Check.Monstrous Black Wolf. Check!
4) The illustrations. These illustrations drew me in so much. They are filled with gorgeous detail and my Year 4 class couldn’t get close enough to me to see them. My class (who are very honest I’ll have you know) absolutely loved the illustrations and they particularly enjoyed looking for all the small details. Our book talk lasted a long time as they all excitedly shared what they could see.
5) Just read some of the comments from Year 4!
P- “I liked the illustrations.”
H- “It was a nice type of book because it was like someone was telling the story in a story.”
A- “I really liked the adventure.”
L- “I liked the way the book with written with the font and looking like a scroll.”
Many thanks to Flying Eye Books for sending me a copy of this book. This review from the children and I is completely honest and it was a lovely reading time together. Thanks so much Flying Eye Books and Joe Todd Stanton!