If you have been following the Daylight Explorers for a few years you will know that we are big fans of the 30 Days Wild initiative led by the Wildlife Trust. As someone who craves a regular wander around the woods or gets excited to see a ladybird land nearby I can’t help but love another reason to get outside. So it is with great delight I signed up for this year’s 30 Days Wild. For those of you who are new to 30 Days Wild here is a very quick overview!
“Make room for nature this June – no matter where you are or how busy your life! When you sign up to the challenge, we’ll send you a pack full of ideas, encouragement and Random Acts of Wildness…
What is a Random Act of Wildness?
A Random Act of Wildness is anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. They can take a few seconds, a few minutes, or if you lose yourself completely, a few hours!”
Interested? Want to know what to do next? Go sign up!
After that it’s up to you! Below are some tips for helping you get the most out of your 30 Days Wild Experience!
1) Make your own Nature Journal to help you keep a record of all the fantastic things you see and do.
2) Check out the hashtag on social media! #30DaysWild is a brilliant source of community and ideas!
3) Check out my ‘Nature and Wildlife’ board on Pinterest for more nature related ideas.
4) Read some nature related books. In the month of June I am going to be sharing some great nature themed books that can be shared with kids at home and at school.
5) Get involved with your local Wildlife Trust!
Tweet me or leave me a comment to tell me all about your #30DaysWild adventures! Come back through the month of June to see what the Daylight Explorers get up to!